1. What was Ichabod Crane's profession?
2. What do the phrases "the appalling sound of the birch" &" Spare the rod and
spoil the child " mean in the story ?
3. Where did Ichabod sleep or where was he boarded?
4. Ichabod was described as inferior in learning only to the
a. Sheriff b. Parson c. Mistress d. Mayor
5. Who did Ichabod like to hang out with or keep company with?
6. What do you think "the comforts of the cupboard " meant?
7. Who was Ichabod's rival?
a. Brom Van Brunt b. Baltus Van Tassel c. Diedrich Knickerbocker
d. Hans Van Ripper
8. What did Ichabod like to do?
9. Who was Sleepy Hollow's favorite spectre?
10. List at least five food items mentioned in the story.
11. List at least five animals mentioned in the story.
12. What happened to Ichabod at the end of this tale?