2. True or false: "Objection: the prosecution is
Leading the Witness" means to put words or
ideas in the mind of someone who is testifying. A. True B. False
3. When a Judge disagrees with a lawyer's objection he or
she says: A. Overindulged!
B. Sustained! C. Overruled! D.
4. To open a court session the Bailiff says:
A. Fiddle dee dee you all stand like
me!B. Hear ye, hear ye, all rise, the
court is now in session C. Here come
the judge, hear come the judge D.
5. The judge is addressed as: A. "Your Holiness" B. "The Judge" C. "Your
Majesty" D. "Your Honor" E. "Mr. or Mrs.
6. "Objection: the defense is Badgering the
Witness" means to: A. Embarrass the witness B Accusing the witness of lying C. Ask the same question over and over again D. assault and batter witness
7. Nicolas, the prosecuting attorney puts Olivier
in the witness stand and asks Olivier to recount what Elisa told him about what
she had seen Myriam do on the night of the murder. Alan the defense lawyer
should cry out: " Objection __________."
A. Irrelevant! B. Pure Conjecture! C. Malarkey ! D.
8. At the beginning of the proceedings the judge always
says to defense : A. Would you like to cut a deal? B. How do you plead? C . Is there anything that you would like to say before we begin?
D. This judge will accept bribes if
they are sufficiently large enough.
9. To control a courtroom and a trial the judge can
threaten someone with Contempt of Court. Which of these punishments is no longer applicable to Contempt
of Court? A. Fines
B. Imprisonment C. Debarment (for lawyers only) D. Exile
10. A defendant awaiting trial can sometimes put up money
or other security and be allowed to leave the
jail while awaiting trial. This is called being out on: A. Parole B. Probation C. Bail
D. Verdict Deferred
11. If you lie under oath it is called committing .
12. The leader of the jury is called .
13. The defense attorney refer to the accused as his or
14. The jury is normally addressed as.
15. Before the conclusion of a trial the suspect is
always presumed .
16. If you don't want to incriminate yourself and you are
on the witness stand then you can .
You'll get the answers to the last six questions only if
you have answered the first ten correctly.
Ce texte © 2000 Christopher Yukna -
tous droits réservés
Délégation aux Relations Internationales
Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Mines
158 cours Fauriel
42023 SAINT-ETIENNE Cedex 2