1. In what sort of financial state was C. August Dupin when the author met him?
2. Name some of the things that the author and M. Dupin share.
3. Does have M. Dupin have a "talent" and who does he remind you of?
4. Describe what happened on the 4th floor of a house
on the Rue Morgue
and why was it grotesque?
5. Why wasn't the gold stolen from the appartement?
6. By the way, who was murdered?
7. How many voices were heard by the gendarme Isidore
Muset and others?
9. These voices spoke in what language or languages?
10. Why is it significant that all the doors were locked
from the inside and that
all the windows were nailed shut?
11. What does M. Dupin think of the Parisian Police?
12. Did Mademoiselle L'Espanaye commit suicide? Why or
13. The police missed an exit to the scene of the crime,
where and why?
14. What is the occupation of the man who answered the