1. Who's journal are we reading?
2. He goes to Transylvania, where his English is of little
use, what language
does he find helpful?
3. How did he travel, by what means of transport?
4. Bram Stoker pre shadows the trip to Castle Dracula,
in other words he gives us, the reader,
little clues that all will not be well at the home of Count Dracula. Please give me several
examples of this foreshadowing.
5. There was an old lady who came up to his room at the
Golden Krone Hotel in Bistriz.
She seemed a little hysterical. On leaving, she gave him something, what was it?
6. Why aren't the road in the Carpathians kept in good
order? Why didn't the Hospars
repair them often?
7. One of his companions of the road says of his new driver
"Denn die Todten reiten Schnell" which is translated as: __________________.
Why do you think he said that?
8. What kind of drink is slivovitz ?
9. Something strange and bizarre guided them to the castle,
what was it?
10. Describe the state of the Castle of Count Dracula?
What does it look like?