|Chapter 4: Keeper of the Keys Questions
Teachers: this quiz might be better done as an e-mail assignment or in class with access to the book.
However, if that is not the case, it is a great way to see who read the book and those that have just watched the film.
1. Right after he "opened the door the VLM (very large man) asked the Dursleys and Harry for what?
a cup o' tea
2. Did this giant man mistake Dudley for Harry Potter?
no that was in the film
3.What is Rubeus Hagrid's title or job at Hogwarts?
Keeper of Keys and Grounds
4. Name some of the things Hagrid has in his pockets or what does he do with them when he takes them out?
kettle, sauages, owl, etc. He cooks a meal.
5. Why did Hagrid get angry at Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon ?
For not telling Harry about Harry himself, the wizarding folk, or Hogwarts.
6. Hagrid enlightens (explains) Harry on a great many issues. What are some of the more surprising things from Harry's point of view?
That he is a wizard, parents were murdered, etc
7. What is the address written on the envelope that Hagrid gives to Harry? You don't have to remember the exact address just describe it.
exactly where he finds himself: " hut on the sea etc."
8. Hagrid quickly sends an Owl Mail to Dumbledore. Where did he find the owl?
In his pockets.
9. Do you think that Uncle Vernon was brave when he stood up to Hagrid ? Why or why not?
10. How did Aunt Petunia describe her late sister Lily (Harry Potter's mother)?
A freak! She seemed to have been a little jealous...
11. Hagrid is force to say you-know-who's name out loud, why?
He can't write.
12. For what reason did Hagrid give Dudley Dursley a pigs tail?
Because he was mad a Dudley's father for insulting Dumbledore. No, it is not like the movie.
13. What happened to the birthday cake Hagrid brought Harry?
There wasn't one. Trick question number 13.
Obviously if you have seen the movie and read the book you must have noticed that some of these questions underline the differences between the two versions. Can you list all of the differences. Why change the chronicle from the book? How come movies seem to always alter the story from the book and give examples to illustrate if you can. Which do you think is the better account and why?
and other characters are TM & © 2002 by Warner Bros.