to use: alike,
unlike, dislike, like, likeness
Some common words that seem especially difficult for my French students.
or practice, play
Check out the definitions here below and then take the following test.
1. to be fond of, to appreciate,
2. One similar to or like another. Used with the. 3.
if 4. to want to have What would you like? 5. for
1. similar, parallel, resembling.
2. with the same form or manner. Comparable, identical.
1. different from, not at all equal
to. Not typical of, dissimilar.
1. to hate, detest, abhor. The
opposite of like.
disapproval to look at with disgust or aversion
portrait or portrayal, a semblance
an image of
any one of the faculties used
to perceive the world: hearing, touch, sight, smell, taste. 2. to
3. to understand to make sense of some task or problem.
1. Susceptible to the emotions,
thoughts, or situations of others. Prone to empathy. 2. easily
to perform or do again and
again an action to perfect a skill or ability, to drill. 2. to usually
do something: H makes a practice of going to market on Thursday.
1. to engage for pleasure or amusement
in sports, acting or other recreation. 2. To be involved in a game. 3.
To act in a non serious manner.
reasonable or using good sense
or judgment. synonyms: levelheaded, prudent