Professor Stéphane Avril, born 9 August 1976
My official page: https://www.mines-stetienne.fr/en/author/avril/
My Google Scholar page:
1. Grant from the French National Research Agency on “Predictive and patient-specific numerical simulations of endovascular interventions” – 600k€. I am PI. Started 2014, ended 2017. It funded equipments, PhD and post-doc fellowships (David Perrin, Víctor Acosta) and travels.
2. Grant from Conseil Régional Rhône Alpes on “3D in vivo elastography of the human leg and inverse numerical modeling for the development of patient-specific elastic compression” – 150k€. Started 2008, ended 2012. I was PI. It funded a PhD fellowship (Laura Dubuis) and equipment.
3. Grant from Conseil Régional Rhône Alpes on “Optimization of the microstructure of aortic stent grafts for an improved durability” – 100k€. Started 2009, ended 2012. I was PI. It funded a PhD fellowship (Nicolas Demanget) and travels.
4. Grant from the French National Research Agency on “In vivo mechanical identification of tissues using medical imaging” – 208k€. I was PI. Started 2008, ended 2012. It funded equipments, PhD and post-doc fellowships (Alexandre Franquet, Romain Rieger) and travels.
5. Contract with Pôle des Technologies Médicales on "Characterization and modeling of the mechanical actions of knee braces”.
6. Grant from Saint-Etienne Métropôle on “Development of methods to characterize the spatial variability of mechanical properties in soft biological tissues” – 100k€. Started 2010, ended 2012. I was PI. It funded a post-doc fellowship (Jin Kim).
7. Contract with company Sigvaris on "Modeling of the mechanical actions of elastic compression”.
8. Contract with company Ormihl Danet on "Modeling of the mechanical actions of lumbar braces”.
9. Contract with company Covidien Sofradim (now Medtronic) on "biomechanical behavior of the linea alba”.
10. Grant from Conseil Régional Rhône Alpes on “Assistance to EVAR using numerical simulation” – 100k€. Started 2012, ended 2015. I was PI. It funded a PhD fellowship (David Perrin) and travels.
11. Grant from CNRS (bourse BDI) on “Ultrasound elastography of the human leg under elastic compression” – 100k€. I was PI. Started 2012, ended 2015. It funded a PhD fellowship (Fanny Frauziols)
12. Grant from Conseil Régional Rhône Alpes on funding my sabbatical stay at Yale.
13. Contract with company ANSYS on "numerical simulation of TAVI”.
14. Contract with company Medtronic Sofradim on "characterization and modelling of the mechanical behavior of textiles used for hernia repair”.
15. Contract with company Thales on "Augmented reality during EVAR interventions using numerical simulations”.
16. Grant from Conseil Régional Rhône Alpes on “Multiscale modeling of blood vessels” – 100k€. Starts 2014, ends 2017. I am PI. It funds a PhD fellowship.
17. Grant from Conseil départemental de la Loire funding scientific equipments for the Center of Biomedical and Healthcare engineering. – 1700k€. Started 2010, ends 2019. I am PI.
18. Grant from the European Research Council (ERC consolidator grant) names Biolochanics about “localization in biomechanics and mechanobiology of aneurysms: towards personalized medicine” – 2000k€. Started 2015, ended 2020. I was PI. It funded equipments, PhD and post-doc fellowships and travels.
19. Grant from the French National Research Agency on “Biomechanics of a synthetic elastic protein” – 600k€. Started 2018, ends 2021. It funds equipments, PhD fellowship and travels.
20. Grant from Conseil Régional Rhône Alpes on “Skin Bio-3DPrinting for Regenerative Medicine: Mechanobiology and Stress Culture”. – 250k€. Started 2018, ends 2021. It funds equipments and PhD fellowship.
21. Contract with company Sigvaris on " Study of the correction of static foot disorders on venous return in the case of chronic venous insufficiency”.
22. Contract with company Biomodex on “Patient-specific modelling of arteries to make 3D printed replicas”.
23. Grant from the National Natural Science Foundation of China and ERC on “Numerical simulation and patient-specific prediction of aortic aneurysm growth and rupture: Towards personalized medicine”. Started 2017, ended 2018. It funded vising professorship (Yiqian He) and travels.
24. Grant from the Open Fund from the State Key Laboratory of Structural Analysis for Industrial Equipment from Dalian University of Technology in China on “Numerical simulation of aortic aneurysm growth and rupture based on non-local damage models” – 10kRMB I am coPI. Started 2017, ended 2019. It funded visiting PhD (Di Zuo) and travels.
25. Grant Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks from the EU on “The Medical Digital Twin for Aneurysm Prevention and Treatment” – 3500k€. Started 2020, ends 2023. https://meditate-project.eu. It funds salaries and overheads for PhD students.
26. Grant MRSEI from French National Research Agency on “Digital twin of the aging cardiovascular system” – 30k€, I am PI. Starts 2019. It funds costs related to setting up a European project.
27. Grant H2020-SC1-DTH-2020-1 from the EU on “In-silico Development- and Clinical-Trial-Platform for Testing in-situ Tissue Engineered Heart Valves” – 5400k€. Started 2021, ends 2024. https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/101017523. It funds salaries and overheads for post-docs.
28. Grant from the National Natural Science Foundation of China with Yiqian He, Chongmin Song, and Haitian Yang from Dalian University of Technology on “Numerical solutions for forward and inverse interval damage problems for arterial tissues based on Quadtree/Octree-SBFEM”. 620,000RMB. I am coPI. Started 2021, ends 2024.