PRESENT AND PAST STUDENTS AND POST-DOCS
1. Salvatore Campisi: Longitudinal follow-up of aneurysm growth using 4D MRI and biomechanical analyses, in collaboration with http://www.chu-st-etienne.fr/
2. Lucie Derycke: Automatic sizing of aortic stent grafts using numerical simulation, in collaboration with http://www.predisurge.com
3. Laure Tsimba (co-supervision: Miquel Aguirre, collaboration with the Sigvaris company – www.sigvaris.com): Study of the correction of static foot disorders on venous return in the case of chronic venous insufficiency
4. Federica Galbiati (co-supervision: Claire Morin, within the https://meditate-project.eu ITN Project): Patient-specific prediction of aneurysm growth and rupture in the ascending thoracic aorta
5. Beatrice Besighini (co-supervision: Baptiste Pierrat, Miquel Aguirre, within the https://meditate-project.eu ITN Project): Modelling and 3D printing for intracranial aneurysms surgery
6. Rahul Vellaparambil (co-supervision: Woo-Suck Han, within the https://meditate-project.eu ITN Project): Simulating endovascular aortic repair towards assessing long-term treatment implications
7. Francesco Bardi (co-supervision: Miquel Aguirre, Sabrina Ben Ahmed, Simona Celi - Fondazione Toscana G. Monasterio, within the https://meditate-project.eu ITN Project): Tissue characterization and endovascular aortic repair in a circulatory mock loop
8. Maria Nicole Antonuccio (co-supervision: Hernan Morales, Laurence Rouet – Philips, Simona Celi - Fondazione Toscana G. Monasterio, within the https://meditate-project.eu ITN Project): Personalized Ultrasound-based hemodynamics simulations in the diseased abdominal aorta
9. Marta Bracco (co-supervision: Hernan Morales, Laurence Rouet – Philips, Pier-Paolo Valentini – University of Rome Tor Vergata, within the https://meditate-project.eu ITN Project): Personalized Ultrasound-based mechanical characterization of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA).
10. Andranik Petrosyan: Elasticity assessment of mitral valve and chordae in mitral valve regurgitation, in collaboration with http://www.chu-st-etienne.fr/
12. Hamza Zaidi (from University of Lyon, supervisor: Christophe Marquette): 3D bioprinting of skin for regenerative medicine: mechanobiology and stressed culture
Past PhD students:
As Junior Advisor:
1. Hocine CHALAL (2005): Experimental identification of a damage model for composites using the grid technique coupled to the virtual fields method. Now Hocine is assistant Professor at ENSAM Metz (France): https://artsetmetiers.fr/fr/campus/metz
2. Yannick PANNIER (2006): Identification of elasto-plastic constitutive parameters from statically undetermined tests using the virtual fields method. Now Yannick is assistant professor at ENSMA Poitiers (France): https://www.ensma.fr/
3. José XAVIER (2007): Experimental approach for stiffness characterization of clear wood using a single test. Now José is assistant professor at Universidade NOVA de Lisboa (Portugal): https://novaresearch.unl.pt/en/persons/jos%C3%A9-xavier
4. Bao Qiao GUO (2008): Identification of stiffness and damping material parameters using the virtual fields method. Now BaoQiao is researcher at the Beijing Institute of Technology (China): http://shock.bit.edu.cn/Home/zncy2/js2/Baoqiao_GUO.htm
5. Jin-Hwan KIM (2008): Identification of damage distribution in impacted composite plates using the virtual fields method. Now Jin is research associate professor at Postech (Korea): http://gift.postech.ac.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=sub5_2&wr_id=1
6. The Vinh TRAN (2008): Refined approach for the identification of elasto-plastic constitutive parameters using the virtual fields method. Now Vinh is engineer at Berthold SA (France): https://viadeo.journaldunet.com/p/the-vinh-tran-6227046
As Senior Advisor:
7. Laura BOUTEN (2009): Identification of mechanical properties of the leg’s constitutive tissues for the mechanical study of the elastic compression. Now Laura is research and development engineer at Decathlon (France): https://fr.linkedin.com/in/laura-bouten-02081219
8. Laura DUBUIS (2011): Measurement of deformations in the calf using MRI and FE modelling of the effects of compression stocking. Now Laura is assistant professor at University of Lyon (France): https://fr.linkedin.com/in/lauradubuis
9.- Tristan BELZACQ (2012): Modelling of the blood flow in the stenosed carotid: Model updating using velocity profiles measured with MRI
10. Alexandre FRANQUET (2012): Identification of heterogeneous hyperelastic properties of human soft tissues using medical imaging. Now Alexandre is research and development engineer at Microval (France): https://fr.linkedin.com/in/alexandre-franquet-phd-1444632b
11. Nicolas DEMANGET (2012): Optimization of the structure of aortic stent grafts for improving their durability. Now Nicolas is research and development engineer at Depuy (France): https://fr.linkedin.com/in/nicolas-demanget-4310b92b
12. Fabien MUNOZ (2013): Intradiscal pressure assessment from a finite element model and radiographs
13. Pierre-Yves ROHAN (2013): Biomechanical study of veins in the compressed human legs. Now Pierre-Yves is assistant professor at ENSAM Paris (France): https://fr.linkedin.com/in/pierreyvesrohan
14. Baptiste PIERRAT (2013): Biomechanical effects of knee orthoses: experimental characterization and modelling. Now Baptiste is research engineer at Mines Saint-Etienne (France): https://www.mines-stetienne.fr/author/pierrat/
15. Aaron ROMO (2014): In vivo mechanical properties of the aorta. Now Aaron is research and development engineer at Global D (France): https://fr.linkedin.com/in/aaron-romo-4b637a42
16. Laurianne IMBERT (2014): Effect of osteoporosis on the mechanical behaviour of the bone tissue
17. Fanny FRAUZIOLS (2015): Elastographic and biomechanical studies of soft tissues of the leg – Application to elastic compression. Now Fanny is research and development engineer at MedTech SA (France): https://fr.linkedin.com/in/ffrauziols
18. David PERRIN (2015): Patient-specific predictive simulations of endovascular interventions. Now David is CTO of Predisurge: http://www.predisurge.com
19. Catherine KOLLIA (2016): Characterization of morphological diversity using 3D analyses
20. Ambroise DUPREY (2016): Biomechanical analysis of aneurysms of the ascending thoracic aorta. Now Ambroise is professor at the University of Reims Champagne Ardennes (France).
21. Bilal MEREI (2016): Computational Modeling of Atherosclerotic Plaque Delamination Mechanisms and Rupture. Now Bilal is project manager at Spineway (France): https://fr.linkedin.com/in/bilalmerei
22. Sareh BEHDADFAR (2017): Image based inverse identification of material parameters in cardiac mechanics. Now Sareh is project manager at AlisPharm (France): https://fr.linkedin.com/in/sareh-behdadfar-7332b643
23. Witold KRASNY (2017): Characterization and multiscale modeling of the arterial mechanics. Now Witold is project manager at AlisPharm (France): https://fr.linkedin.com/in/witold-krasny-52492636
24. Phuoc VY (2018): Numerical simulation of aortic valve implantation
25. Sabrina BEN AHMED (2018): Computer fluid dynamics analysis of blood flows in bifurcated stent grafts. Now Sabrina is vascular surgeon at CHU Saint-Etienne (France): https://fr.linkedin.com/in/sabrina-ben-ahmed-b1408373
26. Solmaz FARZANEH (2019): Preoperative evaluation of local mechanical properties of aortic aneurysms. Now Solmaz is post-doc at Mines Saint-Etienne (France): https://www.mines-stetienne.fr/author/solmaz-farzaneh/
27. Aymeric PIONTECK (2020): Coupling 3D numerical simulations and intraoperative imaging for computer aided endovascular surgery. Now Aymeric is post-doc at Stevens University (USA): https://fr.linkedin.com/in/aymeric-pionteck-91b10688
28. Mohsen NAKHAEI (2020): Micromechanical approach of remodeling in vascular mechanobiology
29. Nanjappa Manjunathan (2020 – cosupervisor with Magalie Viallon, PhD of University of Lyon): Quantification of brain perfusion in Magnetic Resonance imaging: methodological developments and simulations. Now Research Engineer at Siemens Healthineers.
30. Lucie Besch Salomon du Mont (2020 – cosupervisor with Simon Rickenbach, PhD of University of Bourgogne Franche Comté): EVAR treatment of infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysm. Now Associate Professor (MCUPH) at University of Bourgogne Franche Comté (France).
31. Claudie Petit (2021): Multiscale characterization of proteolytic remodeling and its biomechanical effects in the aortic wall, funded by the Biolochanics ERC grant: https://www.mines-stetienne.fr/en/research/projects/biolochanics/
32. Joan Laubrie (2021): Finite-element modeling and patient-specific predictions of the growth and rupture of aneurysms of the ascending thoracic aorta, funded by https://www.conicyt.cl. Now Joan is a post-doc at http://www.fondazionerimed.eu/ with Antonio D’Amore.
Visiting PhD students:
1. Mirunalini Thirugnanasambandam (2018, from UTSA, supervised by Ender Finol): On the use of patient-specific tissue mechanics for abdominal aortic aneurysm wall stress assessment. Now Miru is post doc at TU Eindhoven (Netherlands): https://research.tue.nl/en/persons/mirunalini-thirugnanasambandam
2. Matt Bersi (2018, from Yale University, supervised by Jay Humphrey): regional variations of mechanical properties of mice aortas, development of the virtual fields method. Now Matt Bersi is assistant professor at https://engineering.wustl.edu/faculty/Matthew-Bersi.html
3. Lauranne Maes (2019, from KU Leuven, https://www.kuleuven.be/kuleuven/, supervisor: Nele Famaey): Computation modeling of the role of smooth muscle cells in vascular adaptation
4. Marzio Di Giuseppe (2019-2020, from University of Palermo, www.unipa.it, supervisor: Salvatore Pasta): Biomechanics of thoracic aortic aneurysms and dissections. Now researcher at http://www.fondazionerimed.eu/
5. Franziska Gantner (2021, from TU Wien, supervisor Aleksandr Ovsianikov): mechanical characterization of hydrogels
6. Ondřej Lisický (2021, from Brno University of Technology, supervisor Jiři Bursa): comparison between digital image correlation and image registration.
Current Post-Doc fellows
1. Aliakbar Karkhaneh (2020-2022), working on finite-element modeling of aortic smooth muscle cells.
2. Felipe Pires (2021-2024), working on the numerical simulation of the transformation of synthetic valve scaffold into a fully functional native tissue within http://www.siminsitu.eu.
3. Claudie Petit (2021-2022), working on mechanobiology of smooth muscle cells and testing tissue engineered grafts and heart valves within http://www.siminsitu.eu.
1. Jin-Hwan Kim (2009-2011), now research associate professor at Postech (Korea): http://gift.postech.ac.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=sub5_2&wr_id=1
2. Romain Rieger (2011-2012), now associate professor at Ecole Centrale Lyon (France) : https://www.ec-lyon.fr/contacts/romain-rieger
3. Frances Davis (2013-2015), now post-doc fellow at the University of Southampton (UK) : http://fmdavis.org/
4. Olivier Siret (2012-2014), now research and development engineer at ABISS (France): http://www.abiss.fr
5. Olfa Trabelsi (2013-2018), now assistant professor at Université de Technologie de Compiègne (France) : http://www.utc.fr
6. Francesca Condemi (2016-2018), now research and development engineer at CORWAVE (France): http://www.corwave.com
7. Jamal Mousavi (2015-2019), now research and development engineer at PREDISURGE: http://www.predisurge.com
8. Victor Acosta (2013-2018), now post-doc fellow at Université de Technologie de Compiègne (France) : http://www.utc.fr
9. Fanette Chassagne (2018), now post-doc fellow at University of Washington (USA) : http://www.washington.edu
10. Yue Mei (2018-2019), now associate professor at Dalian University of Technology (China) : http://faculty.dlut.edu.cn/meiyue/en/index.htm
11. Miquel Aguirre (2018-2019), now assistant professor at Mines Saint-Etienne (France) : https://www.mines-stetienne.fr/author/miquel-aguirre/
12. Ataollah Ghavamian (2019-2020), now research and development engineer at FEOPS (Belgium): https://www.feops.com/
13. Jayendiran Raja (2017-2020), now research and development engineer at STRYKER (India): https://fr.linkedin.com/in/jayendiran-raja-86679921
14. Solmaz Farzaneh (2018-2020), now post-doc fellow at Mines Saint-Etienne (France): https://www.mines-stetienne.fr/author/solmaz-farzaneh/
15. Madge Martin (2020), now post-doc fellow at INRIA (France): https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Madge_Martin
16. Tristan Maquart (2020), working on mesh reconstruction of aortic models.
17. Shaojie Zhang (2020-2021), working on numerical simulation of growth and remodeling after EVAR treatment.
18. Baptiste Brun-Cottan (2021), working on multiscale modeling of mechanobiology in arteries and application to elastin deficiency and repair.
19. Victor Acosta (2021), working on mesh reconstruction of left atria for modeling of left atrium fibrillation.