1. What did Jabez Wilson look like? (If you are not in class do not quote word for word from the story)
2. What did Sherlock Holmes deduce from Jabez Wilson's appearance?
3. What kind of Business does Jabez Wilson run and how many employees does he have?
4. Who does the cooking and tiding up?
5. Who else in the story had red hair besides Sherlock Holmes client?
6. What did Jabez Wilson do for his 4 £s a week?
7. What happened to the Red Headed League?
8. Who is Mr. John Clay and why is Sherlock Holmes interested in him?
9. Watson asks: "But how could you guess what the motive was?"
And Sherlock first says: "Had there been women in the
house, I should have suspected a mere vulgar intrigue...
Then what was the motive for the ruse of the Red Headed League why did they arrange such an elaborate scheme?
10. Where do Sherlock Holmes, Doctor Watson, Mr. Merryweather,
and Mr. Jones, of Scotland Yard
wait in total darkness?
Bonus: What is the difference between deductive and inductive logic?
Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson are going camping.
They pitch their tent under the stars and go to sleep. Sometime in the middle of the night Holmes wakes Watson up.
"Watson, look up at the stars, and tell me what you deduce."
Watson says, "I see millions of stars, and if there are millions of stars, and if even a few of those
have planets, it's quite likely there are some planets like Earth, and if there are a few planets like
Earth out there, there might also be life."
Holmes replied: "Watson, you idiot, somebody stole our tent!"
(I have no idea who's joke this is if any of you know please let me know)