Search emse.fr Search the Web
Pointy Hat TOEIC Reading: 141-150 Teacher's Notes:To bring all of your students to the same page have them go to google and type either hat toeic or pointy toeic
Usually starting a new catagory the TOEIC is fairly easy in the beginning. Most of these faults are incorrect in eitherr the singular or plural forms
141. C. sample correction: "a thousand students" or "thousands of students"
142. A. sample correction: The basics (basic is an adjective)
143. C. sample correction: "picked up" (a pick up is a noun or pick up is in the present tense and after "will be" past tense is needed.)
144. B. "he" is redundant
145. C. watch your plurals and singulars while "have agreed" follows organizations which is plural, the subject of the sentence is Mr. Fudge.
146 . B. watch your plurals and singulars while using there. "That there were" does follow students, but "there" is the subject of the sentence. In that case it's the object: "ceremony" the verb must match.
147. C. sample correction: "and"
148. D. Childrens?
149.A. watch your plurals and singulars a simple s at the end of student and bingo it's fixed. Watch the small changes!
150. B. sample correction: "you were in"
Ce texte © 2003-2004 Christopher Yukna - tous droits réservés
| Christopher YUKNA
Professor of English
Ecole des Mines
158 cours Fauriel
||Would you like to check out Yukna's Bazzar?
You should find a lot of quizzes, lessons and ideas
there.Or would you like to return to the