2. Dan Marino, the Miami quarterback was never
a danger when he ran. Doug Flute, for example, has rushed for
more yards in a single game than Marino had in
3. Sophie didn't hand in his homework and
neither did Claire.
4. David Clément leans toward the
suave and sophisticated side of a topic until he has to speak in
C. takes care of
5. Lise and I were having a nice conversation
and then it just slipped out..
A. dropped the hat or the tag
B. fell silent
C. revealed a secret
D. slide off a subject
E. blurt out something that you
would have rather not said
Fill in the blank:
6. If you're looking for the fusball and video
games you'll find them in the _________ at the end of the hall.
A. computer lab
B. student's lounge
C. dean's office
D. recreation room
7. Look in the mirror, you still have ______________
on your face.
8. I did think that I'd like to listen to MP3s
or search for them on the web but now I'm __________ . I can't stop
9. ______________ we are use to plastic bottles
and throw them away, but if we went back hundred years,
they would be considered a novelty and might
be even be priceless.
A. in the times to come
Choose the phrase that best describes the meaning of this sentence.
10. Julien chose a lot of subjects
to study this semester and this will be a real burden.
A. Loaded subjects can kill.
stuff is a heavy load.
C. If you squeezes a load off
you are more likely to hit the target.
load is crowded
course load is too heavy.
Ce texte © 2000-2001 Christopher
Yukna - tous droits réservés
Professor of English
Ecole des Mines
158 cours Fauriel